Future Fuel is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Compost/Equipment operator near Hairy Hill, Alberta. The Compost/Equipment operator can perform minor mechanical duties in a garage and in the field and is frequently exposed to heavy equipment, moving parts, noise, dust, grease, vehicle fumes, fuels and cleaning chemicals normally associated with auto maintenance and repair. This position also requires one to perform operational duties outdoors and may be exposed to extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and traffic.
· Knowledge and understanding of composting procedures and processes.
Operate composting or comparable equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Operate a class 5 vehicle in a safe manner.
· Administer all general upkeep regarding operating equipment.
· Use and care for hand tools.
· Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Perform work in all types of weather.
· Perform general housekeeping of office and composting operations area.
· Monitor all aspects of the composting operations area and report issues to the Plant Manager.
· Possess a Class 5 Drivers License and clean abstract.
· Ability to safely operate heavy equipment such as a Wheel Loader and Skid-steer.
· Ability to identify hazardous and potentially hazardous situations.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contracted agencies, other employees, and supervisors.
· Knowledge of basic equipment repair, and maintenance procedures and standards, and the ability to utilize this knowledge to complete work assignments.
· Ability to follow established safety procedures while completing work activities.
· Be highly motivated and self-directed.
· Wheel Loder and Skid-steer operator certificates an asset.
· Able to lift to 50 lbs. (Heavier Lifting May Be Required at Times.)
· EWP, Fall Protection, H2S, First Aid, Fire Extinguisher Use certificates are an asset.
Experience with composting, soil, mulch manufacturing organics or solid waste recycling is an asset, and experience in the agricultural industry preferred. The candidate for this position must be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, and walk without restrictions. All new employees must undergo a criminal records check. Wage varies from $18.00-25.00/hour depending on experience. If you are interested in this challenging opportunity and meet the above requirements, please forward your resume to:
Fax: (780) 479-8469
We thank you for your interest however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour