The Pharmacy Assistant-CSR is responsible for the timely scheduling and dispensing of medications and IV and Medical Supplies. The Pharmacy Assistant-CSR communicates with doctors, nurses, LHIN's and clients to ensure adequate quantities of medication and supplies are dispensed at the times necessary for continued patient care. The Pharmacy Assistant-CSR coordinates relevant information with the pharmacist, shipping, warehouse and finance departments regarding medication and supply dispensing and appropriate billing. The Pharmacy Assistant-CSR plays a pivotal role in the co-ordination of internal and external communications to ensure patient medications and supplies are provided on a timely basis. This includes continued monitoring of medication use, patient eligibility, and billing accuracy.
The Pharmacy Assistant CSR works on a rotating schedule. The shifts are between 8am and 9:00pm, changing on a daily basis. Weekends and stat holidays will also be on a rotating basis and will be 12 hours 830am – 830pm.
- Enters all prescription orders (Compounded and non-compounded) into the computer systems and generates all worksheets and labels to ensure that the production schedule is optimized according to Calea's Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Uses appropriate line clearance process to ensure 100% accurate collation of production documents according to Work Instructions.
- Responsible for calling patients and doctors to confirm delivery and order details
- Responsible for answering pharmacy and customer service/product inquiry telephone calls. The Pharmacy Assistant/CSR deals with calls within their scope of knowledge and only transfers those calls to the pharmacists when it requires their expertise.
- Responsible for receiving and signing out narcotic drugs with the pharmacists.
- Schedules production for all I.V. medication.
- Responsible for setting up patient payment options for medications.
- Responsible for programming CADD pumps.
- Monitors EDI and Fax for the receipt of orders.
- Ensure correct payors are linked to clients’ files and payor information is accurate.
- Initiate payments for private pay clients - Cash On Delivery or Paid by credit card.
- Prioritize orders based on urgency - Delivery time, distance and order components
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Pharmacy Assistant Certificate and/or 2-3-year relevant pharmacy experience. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with multiple urgent and/or competing priorities.
Able to work individually or in a group setting; Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels both inside and outside the organization with strong Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) Strong computer skills in MS Office
Excellent continuous improvement skills
Proven ability to adhere to standards & procedures and maintain confidentiality
Pharmacy Technician registration with OCP an asset
Previous experience/knowledge of IV and medical supplies components an asset
The company is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities. Fresenius Kabi Canada & Calea Ltd. is dedicated to breaking down barriers to accessibility, preventing new barriers from arising and to meeting the accessibility requirements prescribed by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any time please contact us.