Looking for a job that will allow you to combine your clinical expertise and your proven leadership skills? We have the position for you! We can offer an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse, Surgical Clinical Reviewer (SCNR) in our Surgical program located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH)
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing leadership and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team providing a range of different surgical services.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Collecting and submitting reliable data to the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP)
- Providing high-quality clinical patient screening utilizing NSQIP criteria/protocols, data compilation, primary data interpretation, documentation and entry
- Following NSQIP definitions and standards to identify surgical patients for inclusion in the program
- Participating in NSQIP medical rounds, conference calls and department meetings
- Demonstrating appropriate utilization of resources and identifying streamlining and process improvement
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years' recent related experience in surgical nursing, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area.
This role is a casual position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.