MyHealth Centre is certified as a Great Place to Work and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are a secondary healthcare provider in Ontario focusing on Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Gynecology and Pain Management. The company owns and operates 40 clinics all across Ontario and provides physician services to 30 third-party clinics and hospitals. The company has been rapidly growing with over 23% CAGR in revenues. It provided 1.7 million health services to almost 500,000 unique patients in FY2019. MyHealth team comprises of 140 doctors and 400 para-medical staff. Our mission is, ‘Delivering Quality Patient Care through Innovation, Compassion and Integrity.’
We are looking for a Patient Care Representative at our clinics located in Brantford, ON. This position may require travelling to other sites.
Job Title: Patient Care Representative
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Work hours: Day, Evening and Weekends on occasion
Responsible for reception and clerical duties. Inputs patient data. Books appointments and registers for patient’s procedures as needed. Receives, processes and directs patients following established procedure and documentation requirements. Assists patients as required to coordinate patient flow. Maintains accurate patient records and filing systems. Input patient data from affiliate clinics. Provide a professional attitude and a positive image for the department and facility by receiving, processing and directing professional and non-professional staff, patients and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet incoming patients, as per script.
- Obtain required patient identification, documentation and history following guidelines.
- Ensures patients have followed correct preparation for their exam.
- Ensure inquiries are answered or referred to appropriate person.
- Assist patients that require help in mobility.
- Works collaboratively with technical staff to ensure clinic rooms are stocked and tidy.
- As required: Ensure all documentation and requests are received by the ordering physician and billing party in a timely manner. Patient confidentiality is mandatory.
- Maintain accurate patient records and filing systems (in accordance with Company and Ministry of Health requirements).
- Transcribe diagnostic testing - cardiology & radiology as and when required.
Equipment Operations & Maintenance:
- Operate specific office equipment related to secretarial duties (i.e. computer, computerized telephone, photocopier and fax machine, etc.).
- Observe and report all malfunctions in office equipment.
- Follows manufacturer's guidelines for operation, maintenance and minor trouble-shooting.
- Maintains all required log books for routine equipment maintenance.
- Ensure patient reports are delivered, distributed, and faxed expediently, where applicable
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- All company and government regulations are to be followed.
- Routine cleaning of work area and equipment to be done as scheduled or needed.
- Assist technologist in preparing patient for diagnostic testing, including but not limited to changing, guiding, assisting in mobility, cleaning etc.
- Perform ECGs, blood pressure, take vitals, collect basic information from patients etc., if trained to do so
- Assist with work flow of the clinic
- Assist other staff members when workload is completed.
- Work alongside and assist physicians, as required, to ensure their practice runs smoothly and efficiently, including but not limited to, locating reports, scheduling appointments, coordinating schedules, etc.
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor for the smooth, effective functioning of the entire department and facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational and other requirements:
- 1-2 years of medical receptionist experience.
- Graduate of a medical office program.
- Minimum typing skills of 35wpm.
- Good command of the English language, excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professionalism and strong sense of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent telephone mannerisms.
- A strong ability to multi-task.
- Maintain competence in position by attending staff meetings.
- Evaluate own performance and establish personal objectives.
- CPR & First Aid Certification is encouraged.
Maintain and adjust to staffing rotation pattern as directed by manager or delegate.
Have a cheerful, positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with others as well as the ability to work independently.
MyHealth Centre offers an excellent remuneration package including; competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, training & development assistance, various corporate discounts and referral bonuses.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/myhealth-centre
MyHealth Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
MyHealth Centre is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Medical Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Brantford, ON (Preferred)