The PEI Department of Fisheries and Communities aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals. The purpose of this position is to provide senior level administrative support assistance to the Director and Manager of the Municipal Affairs Division. The position also provides administrative support for the division, including scheduling appointments, correspondence, purchasing office supplies, office equipment, booking travel/accommodations.
Duties will include:
- Preparing correspondence, reports, memoranda, briefing binders, presentations, letters and other documentation, on a variety of subjects including confidential topics;
- Collecting and maintaining data collections, providing analysis, creating presentations including tables and charts, and creating Treasury Board Submissions and Executive Council Memos;
- Maintaining division website, administrative files, work plans, and reference materials;
- Scheduling appointments and locations for meetings; logistical arrangements for public consultation;
- Receiving, screening, and responding to telephone inquiries, e-mails or memoranda regarding divisional programs and services;
- Handling day-to-day situations and issues; a good knowledge of policy and procedure is required;
- Gathering information to support projects and initiatives as requested;
- Responsible for Oracle FIS data entry and preparing/issuing printing requisitions to the Queen’s Printer;
- Data entry and maintaining electronic databases, for example municipal directory, bylaws and official plans;
- Preliminary audits of invoices, employee expense claims, and requisitions to ensure compliance with legislation, policies, and directives;
- Assisting the Director in budget forecasting, monitoring budget, and creating monthly status reports; assisting with the preparation of division quarterly forecasts and detail budget;
- Liaising between the Division and other Divisions/Departments and replying to written and telephone communications in French and English;
- Other related duties as required.
- Applicants must have a diploma from a recognized Business related or Office Studies program.
- Bilingualism is required.
- Extensive experience providing administrative assistance to senior management.
- Experience undertaking projects of research and analysis while working alone as well as a team player.
- Experience organizing meetings and taking minutes.
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and training in Records Management.
- Proficient in word processing software, spreadsheets, emails, and presentations software.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record.
- The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory criminal records check prior to beginning employment.
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to Employees of the Unclassified Division as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $22.44 - $25.49 per hour (Level 11)
Bi-weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly (evenings and weekends as required)
Posting ID: 138349-0819FCP0
Closing Date: Monday, December 2, 2019 5:00 p.m.
Please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8. Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone 368-4080.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.44 to $25.49 /hour