Do you want to work for a company that helps build clean, healthy indoor air environments? BGE is looking for an organized and compassionate individual to work alongside our Accounting team in the role of Payroll & Benefits Coordinator. Our ideal candidate for this role will encompass and live our core values of: Together We Are Better, Striving For Excellence, and Be the Experts.
This position is responsible This position will be responsible for the accuracy of payroll tasks in an effective and efficient manner, ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time, and benefits administration/support. Additionally, this role will assist with other Accounting related duties as required.
BGE provides services and products to organizations that care about clean air. Through its focus on strong customer relationships and an integrated service and product offering, BGE delivers industry knowledge and advisory support, enabling organizations to build and maintain clean, healthy indoor air environments.
· Process bi-weekly payroll: review time records for completeness and accuracy for 190+ employees, compile information and enter it into Dayforce as per Company guidelines.
· Process new hires and terminations in Dayforce. Follow up with HR/Manager, for paperwork, as required.
· Calculate and track employee variable pay programs.
· Process payroll journal entries, ensuring employees are properly costed.
· Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts including WCB.
· Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures and government legislation.
· Work with Controller to develop and keep payroll/benefit policy and procedure documents up to date.
· Ad hoc reporting and report generating.
· Provide managers and employees with training and resources re: Dayforce functions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· First point of contact for benefit enquires.
· Elevated level of customer service, providing hands on assistance to front line employees who have questions about benefits or require assistance submitting claims.
· Enroll and manage employee membership in group benefit plan through carrier websites when required.
· Provide benefit orientation for new enrollments.
· Understand benefit carrier technology to assist employees with getting set up on benefit provider websites and smartphone apps.
· Manage all leaves (disability, maternity, medical), working with and helping employees from departure to return to work.
· Prepare monthly benefits reconciliation and reports any discrepancies.
Other Accounting Duties
· Junior accounting related tasks, such as data entry, etc.
· Minimum 5 years Canadian payroll processing with an understanding of the rules and requirements, and all associated calculations and transactions.
· PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) certification required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience using Dayforce HCM preferred.
· Experience using benefit provider sites as well as ERP systems.
· High level of customer service is required.
· Compassionate approach and ability to deal with employees at all levels.
· Highly organized; very high level of detail orientation and confidential professionalism.
· Proactive communication style, ability to persuade and follow up repetitively.
· Ability to take initiative and bring forward suggestions for improvement.
· Very strong MS Office, in particular Excel, skills.
· Personable and a good listener; able to help employees with benefits related inquiries.
· Previous experience working with a diverse workforce.
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation.
· Benefits package and RRSP matching program.
· Supportive work environment.
· Opportunities for training and development.
When submitting your application, please include within your cover letter which one of our core values (Together We Are Better, Striving For Excellence, or Be the Experts) stands out to you the most and why.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to apply.
BGE hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent