Lake Country Co-op invites applications for the position of Part Time Cashier at our Home Centre location in Wakaw, SK.
Lake Country Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to provide an exceptional experience to customers and members to enhance the success and vibrancy of our communities, delivering profits back, and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our Lake Country Co-op brand to life, visit us at www.lakecountryco-op.crs.
- Demonstrate the behaviors and actions to support Lake Country Co-operative’s vision, mission, values, and safety principles to make a difference in members lives, with a strong customer focused approach
- Perform administrative and follow up duties such as maintaining customer accounts, ensuring quotes, invoices, and payments are processed and completed accurately to customer satisfaction, as assigned
- Provide outstanding guest service at the check-out and on the telephone
- Assist guests with item selection and make recommendations
- Perform receiving of merchandise, stocking shelves, operating point of sale systems, pricing, displaying, selling, conducting inventory counts and inventory control procedures, all while completing required paperwork based on department standards, as assigned
- Follow company policies and procedures related to complaints and warranty
- Practice and maintain safe procedures for the handling and stocking of merchandise
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our Lake Country Co-op team provides a range of products and services to support our 53,000 member-owners in 20 different communities. Through the work that we do, and annual sales of over $650 million, we help to build, fuel, feed, and grow our communities together.
You are looking for a career in Home & Building Products and Customer Service:
- You have completed grade 12; customer service experience especially in the Co-op Retailing System is considered an asset
- Experience and knowledge in the building materials industry particularly in the areas of estimating, construction experience, trends, and codes would be an asset
- You’re well organized, capable of attaining a high level of production, with a minimum amount of supervision
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-orientated, and strive to be the best in what you do
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
- You’re attentive to detail and have strong cash management skills
- You have POS experience and have the ability to work in a fast paced, guest facing environment
- You have the ability to lift and load products - physical labour is required
- You have a flexible work schedule including weekends
Our Lake Country Co-op team members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Lake Country Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.