The Sales Consultant is responsible for managing all aspects of the Sales process from the point the customer walks into the dealership to the point of sale and beyond. The Sales Consultant will be passionate about building an ongoing relationship with the customer with the objective to create Brand loyalty and the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The Sales Consultant is an expert listener and is a master at executing each step/process within the Sales cycle. The Sales Consultant is results oriented and has a keen eye for "the details". They continually work at becoming a Product Knowledge expert and strive to provide each customer with a personalized retail experience resulting in complete customer satisfaction.
The Sales Consultant is focused on achieving sales targets and utilizes the tools provided to them to assist them in their mission for sales excellence. As a team player, the Sales Consultant fosters good relationships with personnel in all areas of the dealership.
Develop Strong Relationships with Customer and continue to develop the Relationship:
- Greet customers in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
- Listen to customer needs and take action.
- Assist customers in understanding the offering and then selecting an appropriate vehicle.
- Create a customer base through effective contact methods that work for the customer.
- Keep detailed records of all interactions with customers.
- Handle all customer queries and concerns with a genuine intent to resolve their problem or issue.
- Make prospecting calls and follow-up with customer within specific time-frames.
Be detailed oriented
- Listen to and document customer needs and expectations throughout the sales visit.
- Follows-up with customers in a way that works best for them.
- Prepare for the delivery of new vehicle. Ensures all details of the delivery are completed.
- Ensure all documentation/paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review and analyze actions regularly to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
Commit to the Dealership Brand
- Stay up-to-date on all dealership training programs.
- Be able to explain technical features, options and their benefits.
- Be knowledgeable about new features, specials and updates.
- Be a champion for delivering excellent service at all times.
- Actively maintain the cleanliness of personal and team workspaces.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance at all times.
Develop and maintain full knowledge about the Industry
- Keep up to date with products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an upbeat and engaging attitude.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Excellent customer service skills including listening and the ability to impact and influence others.
- Organized and an attention to detail with the ability to document customer needs.
- Flexible and open to change; take on special tasks as needed.
- Ability to manage customer complaints and to solve difficult problems.
- Results Oriented and Accountable.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- Able to operate manual and automatic transmissions.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education & Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- College certificate or additional courses would be an asset.
- Automotive sales experience would be an asset.
- Adaptable to work evening and weekend shifts as scheduled.
Background check required