This position is an exciting opportunity for a CNC Operator to join our growing team at Ayrsonics, working primarily in generating high performance acoustic products which address sound attenuation issues. The Operator’s main responsibility is to ensure the acoustic products are cut safely and accurately in accordance to the supplied shop drawings. This individual follows operational processes, schedules, is team-oriented, and has initiative. Strong attention to detail, excellent time management, problem solving, and sensitivity to deadlines is a must.
- Create basic part files in v-carve, Solidworks, or similar programs as required.
- Nest supplied parts onto the CNC software.
- Confirm the part files match the parameters of the signed shop drawings supplied from Engineering, including sizes, quantities, and colours.
- Operate the CNC machines in a safe and effective manner, including the loading and unloading of the raw acoustic material.
- Update the production tracking software with project status as products are cut.
- Perform basic daily and weekly preventative maintenance on the CNC machines.
- Identify flawed raw materials prior to cutting, and report deficiencies to the Supervisor.
- Keep work area clean and tidy, remove waste and off-cuts from production area.
- Assist with the assembly and labeling of the products as required.
- Assist with packaging of the finished product as required.
- Ensure waste bins are available for pick-up based on the weekly schedule.
- Request tools and supplies to the Supervisor as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Minimum of 1 years’ practical experience operating a CNC machine.
- Experience in CNC software and/or CAD software preferred.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Organization skills and attention to detail.
- Some heavy lifting, 50 - 75 lbs
- Physical demands include standing, bending and lifting
- Minimum 3-year diploma in college-level Engineering program, or equivalent.
- Experience in lieu of formal education will be considered.
If interested please submit your resume, along with salary expectations, though this Indeed site.
Thank you to all candidates who apply, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Ayrsonics supports AODA, if you need any assistance through the application or interview process please let us know and we will accommodate those requests.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Operator: 1 year (Preferred)