Established in 2005, Birch Mountain Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer with over 295 employees throughout the Fort McMurray region. Operating from its’ main operations in Fort McKay, BME provides vac, water, waste, fuel and flat-bed hauling services to industrial and commercial customers.
When you join our team, you join a family of employees dedicated to a safe, enjoyable and positive work environment.
Operating from our Syncrude site, this position’s goal is to keep the wash Carts in a clean and orderly condition. We are looking for a cleaner to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning throughout our wash carts in and outside the mine. Preference will be given to candidates with previous cleaning and mine drive experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, stocking, and supplying designated facility areas (Wash Carts) – Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, toilets, sinks etc.)
- Completion of daily documentation including but not limited to; routine inspection form, customer work orders, field level risk assessment, pre/post trip inspections
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repair
- Stock and maintain bathroom supplies
- Co-operator with the rest of the staff
- Follow all Health and Safety regulations
- Follow instructions for tasks assigned by Dispatch or Supervisor
- Complete daily housekeeping of assigned truck to ensure maintenance of company image
- Attend daily tool box and safety meetings as scheduled and adhere to corporate and site safety regulations and procedures.
- Follow all site mine drive rules
- Possess a valid Class 5 operator’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum 3 years of cleaning experience
- Minimum 1-year mine drive experience
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- WHMIS Trained
- High school degree
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- OSSA (or OSSA BSO) and CSTS certification
- Must successfully pass BME driver’s evaluation, D&A and fit for duty pre-employment screening
- Shift – Monday - Thursdays – working days 9.5 hrs./day
- Bussing Provided
- Company vehicle (on site use only)
- Company Health Benefits (eligible after 90 days)
- Group Retirements Savings Plan (RSP) (eligible after 180 days)
We thank you for your interest in Birch Mountain Enterprises and remind all candidates that only successful applicants will be contacted. Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to local candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- cleaning: 3 years (Required)
- cleaning chemicals and supplies: 1 year (Preferred)
- mine driving: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Fort McMurray (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- WHMIS (Required)
- CSTS (Required)
- OSSA Fall Protection (Required)
- English (Required)