UBCO Food Services nourishes more than 12,000 students, staff and faculty on the UBC Okanagan Campus. We shape the daily experience of thousands of customers through the high quality, healthy food we serve and every whole-hearted interaction we make. UBCO is currently seeking an energetic, friendly, and customer service driven full-time Front Counter employee at our Subway location on campus! With the direction of the Subway Team Leads, this position demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately, prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner, checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift, and collects payment from guests.
This position is ongoing full-time, sessional (8-month recurring salaried contract each year with summer months off) starting mid-end of August. Starting monthly salary is $2,587 with annual increases.
2021/2020 Contract Shift:
- Monday-Friday: 11:00am-6:30pm
For more in-depth information about our department, our food vision and values, benefits to working for our department and much more, check out the link: https://food.ok.ubc.ca/jobs/
Who are you?
- You are energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about customer food and dining experiences through exceptional customer service
- You are excited about working in a fun university setting and building relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- You have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- You have excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods
- You are looking for a career to develop into, not just a job. Endless opportunities for advancement with hard work!
- You have a Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or are willing to obtain one before hire), a Grade 10 education, and one year of related experience.
Why Work for UBC?
We pride ourselves in having a dynamic workplace culture, great pay & benefits and opportunities for career growth. Here are just some of the reasons why UBC is one of BC’s top employers:
- Competitive salary and outstanding employer paid health and dental benefits
- Set 35 hour work week with a schedule of 5 days on, 2 days off
- UBC pension plan
- Generous paid vacation (1.67 days accumulated each month)
- Paid time off at Christmas
- Employee meal plan
- Employee assistance program
- UBC tuition waiver (for you or a dependant)
- Professional development funds (eligible for up to $1500 yearly)
- Enhanced education fund
- Community corporate discounts
- Diverse portfolio offering opportunities in many different food services environments
- Yearly UBC events such as Opera under the Stars, Art on the Line, Welcome Back Staff BBQ, department Christmas events, sports week, and much more!
- Serves customers.
- Takes payments.
- Prepares food and beverages in food service restaurants, residences and retail outlets.
- Other duties as required.
Grade 10 or equivalent and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. One year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must complete and pass associated specialized training program, if located in a specialized Skills Outlet (Subway).
Expected start date: 2021-08-23
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $2,587.00 per month
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site childcare
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program