Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Finance the successful candidate will work closely with cross functional stakeholders on all phases of the development of business. The candidate will provide the appropriate information and analytical tools for establishing goals and measuring performance. With their proven analytical skills, this individual will work effectively with various functional heads and finance team members and staff to drive results and meet targets as defined by operating and strategic business plans.
- Prepare and distribute detailed periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual) sales report for the business, including analysis and commentary on the company’s sales and marketing performance
- Develop a deep understanding of the major sales drivers of the company in order to support sales and marketing decision making
- Create and maintain financial models to assist with business decision making for various functional area’s
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to gather reporting requirements and build new reporting capabilities
- Reconcile data across multiple systems, while working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare analytics to support investment decisions as it relates to trade spend and marketing investments
- Support in the preparation of the annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting process while working closely with functional VPs
- Support the annual strategic business planning process and preparation of a long-range sales plan
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required by senior leadership teams
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience with proven track record of delivering results in reporting and financial analysis
- Disciplined approach toward execution, attention to detail, and ability to navigate within large and complex data environments
- Achieved or working towards Accounting Designation or MBA
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite programs (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization, including senior management
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, with some travel to Canadian sites, as required.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.