Our company is currently in need of a skilled Marketing and Operations Coordinator who is goal-oriented and self-motivated. The successful applicant will be responsible for prospecting local companies/property owners, maintaining client and guest relations, executing brand standards and performing a variety of administrative tasks, including scheduling, answering inquiries and managing office supplies and property inventory. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a busy office environment where multitasking and prioritizing are required. Will also act as the General Manager in his/her absence.
The Marketing and Operations Coordinator will report directly to the General Manager. This service minded individual will assist the General Manager by being responsible for inspiring entrepreneurial spirit among our team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attract new customers, guests, and owners through marketing, excellent customer service, and adding value to the vacation experience.
- Creation of various marketing materials.
- Respond to guests’ inquiries and bookings.
- Analyze customer feedback and suggest solutions for improvement.
- Provide information about facilities, programs and other services.
- Creating and maintain property listings and schedules.
- Analyze, prepare and manage the operational budget. Combination of education and work experience are an asset.
- Produce, review, and send reports and financial statements.
"Duties and responsibilities are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities."
- Proficient ability to act independently and complete assignments with minimum direction.
- Skilled with the use of personal computers including standard Microsoft and Google software applications, hand held calculators and general office equipment required to perform the job.
- Experience in a management position, hotel, resort preferred.
- Degree/Diploma in Commerce/Business Administration with Marketing Major (recent graduates encouraged to apply).
- Experience/skill set in supervising & scheduling hourly staff – office staff, housekeeping and maintenance personnel.
- Experience working a front desk, a hotel property management system, dealing with Online Travel Agents (i.e. Airbnb, Expedia, Trip Advisor, etc.). And Social Media platforms are helpful.
- Marketing and sales experience would be a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's License with appropriate class.
- Must be prepared to travel and work outside normal business hours.
Health and Safety
It is the responsibility of all associates to ensure that they follow all health and safety policies by:
- working in a safe manner
- reporting any unsafe conditions
- immediately reporting any associate injury/accident
using personal protective equipment if required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
- Operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)