Phoenix Restorations is looking for an experienced Lead Water Damage Technician
Working in our Vancouver market, this role is responsible for overseeing a team of Technicians performing emergency restoration services in their designated territory. You will provide prompt and professional service to all customers and clients while maintaining a high level of customer service and quality workmanship. You will foster good working relationships at all levels within the organization and mentor division staffs to achieve their highest level of success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all work is performed safely according to WorkSafe BC regulations
- Assess claims and ensure the most efficient and effective processes are implemented, including equipment and manpower utilization
- Liaise with the Water Damage Supervisor and Project Management Teams to develop drying strategies achieving optimum cycle times
- Schedule all work with customers and staffs and communicate status with Teams
- Monitor drying progress and adjust strategy as required
- Consistently submit accurate and legible paperwork, photos and required supporting documents
- Operate a company vehicle using good judgment, abiding by all traffic laws and company regulations
- Attend all division meetings and training sessions as required
- Participate in emergency services on-call schedule
- Lead and mentor division staffs
Education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ Water Damage experience
- IICRC certification as a Water Restoration Technician
- Additional IICRC certifications an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s License with a clean abstract
- Clean Criminal Record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commercial, multi-unit and large loss drying techniques
- Knowledge of Asbestos and mold abatement protocols
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, an asset
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to lead by example and mentor staffs
- This role works primarily in the Vancouver market
- Company provided PPE must be worn on jobsites as required
- Employee provided CSA safety footwear must be worn on all jobsites
- Typical work hours are 8:00 – 4:30 with a 1/2-hour unpaid lunch break
- Some overtime may be required during peak business periods
- Participation in an on-call schedule is required
Why work at Phoenix?
As a 2nd Generation Family business, we know that our people are everything. We want to set-up each of our team members to be as successful as they can be. We believe in a culture of mutual respect and accountability and we know the importance of work-life balance.
We believe in promoting from within and we provide a structured Development Pipeline to further your career in other areas of expertise. Our Team celebrates Quarterly Breakfasts, afternoon BBQ’s and fun staff events outside of the office - all coordinated and chosen by our in-house Social Committee based on employee feedback.
We provide full time work, comprehensive benefits and competitive pay.
We look forward to talking to you.
In addition, you will receive the following benefits:
- Company vehicle with gas card
- Company cell phone
- Extended medical/dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid vacation time
- Awesome team culture!
Applicants: Thank you for your interest, however due to the volume of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Recruiters: Please do not contact us in regards to this post.
Job Type: Full-time
- Restoration: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean (Preferred)