CC2 Clerk of Court 2
(with the possibility of becoming regular)
Manitoba Court Operations, Courts
Advertisement Number: 41696
Salary(s): CC2 $1,731.30 - $2,048.85 bi-weekly
Closing Date: December 29, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition, you ARE REQUIRED to submit an Application Screening Form (Word or fillable PDF only), along with your resume and cover letter, to the Public Service Commission at [email protected] . Complete the Application
Screening Form at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely on information provided in the form and may rely on the information provided in the resume and cover letter to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
***CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION SCREENING FORM.***
If successful In the application screening stage, candidates will be contacted to start their applications for a Criminal Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks. Receipts for the security checks must be provided prior to their interview.
This position involves considerable public contact and assistance to the legal profession related to regulations or procedures and completion of court documents. Training is provided for this position and consists of learning both court office and courtroom roles in order to gain the basic working knowledge of court rules and procedures. To be considered for this competition, you ARE REQUIRED to submit an application screening form along with your resume and cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and candidates only need to apply once. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See above for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks
- Possess a valid Manitoba Class 5F driver’s license (desired)
- Ability to travel to other court centers and circuit court locations by car, airplane and any other means of transportation with the possibility of overnight stays
- Ability to lift and transport related equipment weighing up to 14 kgs./30 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary with little notice
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to meet workload demands
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages (French and English) (Designated Biligual Positions Only)
- Experience performing clerical and administrative duties including data entry, handling inquiries on the phone/in-person, and preparing/processing detailed documentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks in pressure situations with strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Excellent English verbal communication skills with the ability to project vocally without error
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent French verbal communication skills (Designated Bilingual Positions Only)
- Excellent French written communication skills (Designated Bilingual Positions Only)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) or equivalent programs
- Experience working in a court or related legal environment which may include working which courtroom documentation, procedures and processes
- Completion of a recognized legal or administrative assistant program, other related post-secondary education or related training
The Court Clerk Monitor will attend Provincial and King's Bench criminal, family and civil court sittings. Duties include: monitoring and recording court proceedings, marking and recording exhibits, reading charges, administering oaths to witnesses, maintaining order in the courtroom, completing court dispositions and all related paperwork and performing other pre and post court related duties. The incumbent is expected to maintain discretion at all times with the ability to handle sensitive and graphic evidence and submissions during court hearings. The incumbent will also assist the judiciary, members of the legal profession, police and public as required.
Advertisement # 41696
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.