Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; days
Time of Day:
Shift Length:Open Date::
Temporary Assignment- approximately 24 weeks
The Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) Clinical Leader is a regulated health professional who will be a team member in supporting the BSO Strategic Lead and BSO Coordinator to advance ongoing quality improvement in the healthcare system.
The Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Local Health Integration Network (HNHB LHIN) BSO Clinical Leader will focus on inpatients who are at St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton or Joseph Brant Hospital and have cognitive impairment and exhibit responsive behaviours that pose as a barrier for care, acceptance to discharge destinations, or do not have a discharge destination. The BSO Clinical leader will build on the strengths of each hospital to utilize internal resources, provide strategies to manage responsive behaviours, facilitate complex case discussions among key partners, partner with key community providers, such as Alzheimer Society staff, HNHB LHIN Care Coordinators and Long-Term Care to examine opportunities, determine and track system barriers to discharge, elevate themes and barriers to hospital administration and the BSO Strategic Lead. The Health Care Worker may / will be asked to work in an alternate health facility or congregate setting such as a Long term care facility, retirement home or other community setting.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Bachelor's Degree in a health profession required
- Current registration in a regulated health profession college required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a long-term care setting
- Minimum 2 years experience in an acute care/community care setting
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership/management role
- Must be knowledgeable of dementia, delirium, mental health issues in the delivery of care and its effect on the person and family members or the partners in care to include knowledge of causes, disease processes, stages, progression, cognitive and neurological symptoms, treatment, etc.
- Knowledge of principles of Adult Learning and quality improvement methodologies
- Training and experience in Montessori techniques
- Excellent MS office skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills to efficiently triage and manage referrals from 2 different hospital organiztions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training and Gentle Persuasive Approach Training are assets
- Must have drivers licence and ability to drive across the HNHB region