The Patient Service Coordinator provides an invaluable health care service. Our team strives for an excellent customer service experience, building strong patient relationships and providing excellent care. We are looking for someone who has an upbeat personality, a positive attitude and someone who loves people! This individual must demonstrate flexibility, strong communication and clinical skills to achieve optimal results and exceed patient expectations at each visit. OUR MISSION: We strive to be the best part of our patient's day - if you don't come in with a smile on your face we hope you leave with one!
Work Schedule: 2-4 Days Per Week - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Greet every patient was kindness, enthusiasm and interest ensuring that everyone feels welcomed.
- Communicate with the patients and guardians regarding their appointments. Provide answers pertaining to their orthodontic treatment, appointments, and office policies.
- Answer all incoming calls and make detailed notes regarding important conversations with patients and their responsible parties.
- Check voice messages, emails, mail and pigeon chat regularly.
- Complete ‘New Patient Phone Slips’ when booking new patients for consultations.
- Gather insurance information and complete the insurance checklist.
- Book and organize patient appointments.
- Scan all information into the patient charts.
- Use external software programs or call to confirm patient appointments.
- Act as a liaison between the doctor and the patient.
- Act as a liaison between the doctor and any other dental specialist or general practitioners.
- Compose letters and other documents for communication as requested and required.
- Enter initial contracts for patients.
- Collect and process payments.
- Manage recurrent payments, post day sheet and prepare daily deposit.
- Close the day and email corresponding documents to the Accounting lead.
- Print practice reports as needed.
- Print no show report and reschedule appointments.
- Anticipate problems in the schedule and work with the Scheduling Lead or Manager to correct issues.
- Ensure the patient lounge is tidy at all times.
- Ensure the coffee station is clean and fully stocked.
- Advise Lead or Manager if office stock is required.
- Implement and maximize practice promotions – Advise and inform patients of current contests and other marketing objectives.
- Introduce Smile Rewards to patients and allot points as needed.
- Work cohesively with fellow team members to provide an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect and cooperation.
- Complete monthly tracking sheets and checklists.
- Perform any other tasks delegated or assigned by the office Lead or Manager.
Experience & Licenses:
- Dental Reception Diploma - Considered an Asset
- CPR Certification
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Administration: 1 year (Required)