Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited is an investment counseling firm with over 60 years of experience conducting fundamental research and managing assets for pension funds, foundations and endowments, corporations and individuals in Canada and internationally — representing more than CA$59 billion in assets under management. Our history and culture are rooted in investment stewardship that is expressed through an adherence to quality investing consistent with our long-standing investment philosophy and the advancement of good governance and sustainable investing. Acting in the best interests of our clients is the cornerstone of everything we do. Headquartered in Montreal, we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Contribute to the overall success of the Private Wealth Department by ensuring that specific individual objectives, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered to support the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensure that all activities conducted are in compliance with applicable regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Focus on the expansion of our Private Wealth client base in Calgary. A positive self-starter and articulate individual who clearly expresses JFL’s investment philosophy and execution principles; a proven track record in private client development. Generate sustainable and profitable growth by acquiring and retaining both clients and assets.
· Champion a client focused culture to deepen relationships and leverage broader firm relationships, systems and knowledge.
· Ensure a comprehensive and solid understanding of each client’s financial needs, risk tolerance, and long-term objectives by maintaining ongoing dialogue (both verbal and written) with clients, to stay abreast of any changes in client needs or capital market conditions that may affect clients’ financial objectives.
· Recommend an appropriate asset mix model for a client’s circumstances, income needs, and return expectations, selecting securities in accordance with the firm’s views that fulfill clients’ objectives, regularly monitoring portfolios and making changes as appropriate.
· Manage client portfolios in accordance with the firm’s guidance. Ensure asset mix is in accordance with client directive and research team philosophy and adjust when necessary.
· Ensure a high level of client satisfaction and retention. Establish a client contact schedule to ensure that clients are contacted based on an appropriate service standard both by telephone and in person.
· Grow assets under management by consolidating assets from existing clients, getting referrals for new clients, and other internal partners / external centers of influence. Support Regional Director through completion and presentation to existing clients and new prospects.
· Understand how JFL’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
· Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with firm’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
· Contribute to a high-performance environment and inclusive work environment.
· High-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
· Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a service orientation.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proactive and professional.
· Results oriented.
· High levels of self-motivation and self-discipline.
· Reliable with a good sense of judgment.
· Personal book of business size - Asset Under Management
· Net Revenue production objective to be established
· Overall relationships
o Retention of existing clients
o New client relationships
Education / Experience / Other Information
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· Minimum 10 years direct experience in discretionary investment management, covering both financial analysis and managing portfolios (individuals, estates, trusts, foundations, registered accounts), with a strong understanding of investment returns, potential risks and the associated tax implications.
· Registered investment professional designation such as the CFA charter or CIM
· Strong relationship management skills. Proficient in sales and business development.
· Strong knowledge of the financial markets.
· Experience and contacts in Private Wealth Management.
· Driven, talented individual with exceptional presentation skills.
· Candidate should possess a strong referral network.
· Entrepreneurial spirit, driven, autonomous.
· Ability to work calmly and intentionally under pressure.
· A commitment to confidentiality.
· Demonstrated PC literacy, proficiency in Microsoft office including PowerPoint.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Working from home if required – during the pandemic.
- The business environment is fast-paced, complex and demanding.
- Constant use of personal computer, various leading edge and business-oriented software technologies.
Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Temporarily due to COVID-19