Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (“ABL”) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (“ISG”), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make the world more brilliant, productive, and connected. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management systems, and location-aware applications.
Reporting to the production manager, the incumbent of the production supervisor position will be responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the activities of about 30 production employees with regard to the manufacturing of light fixtures.
Carry out: hiring, staff evaluation and discipline management
- Follow the different KPIs (Performance Indicators)
- Ensure the monitoring of processes and procedures and their maintenance (drafting and maintenance of work procedures)
- Encourage employee participation in the process review in order to improve deadlines and productivity
- Motivate and mobilize staff
- Evaluate the development and training needs of employees and ensure that they are trained
- Ensure monitoring and maintenance of production standards (ensuring that production times are fair)
- Participate in the optimization, improvement and standardization of internal processes and working methods
- Participate in the implementation of new improvement projects
Here is the distribution of tasks for a typical day as a production supervisor:
- Active supervision (Assign work with instructions, communicate objectives, follow up on assignments, quantify variances in the plan, communicate an efficiency result, Implement method changes, follow up on quality and OHS) (50%)
- Administrative tasks (25%)
- Passive supervision (Presence with his team without interaction, manage problems reactively, communicate informally) (15%)
- Training and Coaching (10%)
- Bachelor (Industrial or mechanical engineering, administration, operation’s management)
- 5 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing field
- English functional (communication with headquarters in USA)
- Microsoft Office software proficiency (MS Query an asset)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX an asset)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be action and result oriented
- Be comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
E-Verify Participation Poster