We are a Christian mission that provides advocacy, care and support to guests who are temporarily in need of help in an array of areas. Our guests often struggle with mental health, addictions, homelessness, and poverty.
We are currently looking for passionate individuals to fill shifts that support the community by empowering our guests with: food, shelter, basic healthcare, donated household items, clothing and support.
Shelter Staff Job Duties:
- Relationship Building: Build deep, respectful relationships with each of the shelter guests while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Participant Registration: Conduct guest intake interviews & enter data, supervise guest sign-in, sleeping arrangements, blanket assignment, and participant orientation into shelter space.
- Shelter Monitoring: Monitor all sleeping areas, bathrooms, kitchen, etc of the entire site for safety and participants’ adherence to behavior expectations.
- Conflict Management: Promptly address any potential or actual conflict with participants using de-escalation techniques.
- Communications: Read and respond to communications and log communications; complete shift staff log and other reports as necessary.
- Site Preparation: Efficiently set up/tear down shelter space each shift.
- Site Clean Up: Supervise and participate in cleanup of the entire shelter space and outside grounds each morning.
- This position is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff may be required to work with guests who are infected with COVID-19 or exhibit symptoms
- First Aid qualification (provided on the job if you don't currently posses)
- Naloxone Trained (provided on the job if you don't currently posses)
- Must be calm, supportive, mature, and understand how to work with residents in a shelter. ·
- Have a deep commitment to the empowerment of shelter guests.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment ·
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written ·
- Knowledge and experience in supportive or peer counseling, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability and willingness to intervene in and resolve resident disputes.
- Appreciation of sensitive confidentiality issues with demonstrated commitment to guest-centered practices. ·
- Ability to maintain a positive, cooperative, and professional attitude at home and in interactions with other volunteers, staff, and residents. ·
- Be available on short notice
- Be available to work graveyard shifts
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Support Care: 1 year (preferred)