At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a “Best Place to Work.”
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL Express currently has an opening for a Customer Service Advisor in our Call center, at National Office in Brampton. This role will be handling inbound customer inquiries and communicate effectively with other members of the customer service, operations and sales teams. The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for ensuring 100% internal and external customer satisfaction related to rates, service and shipment inquiries, as well as the handling of service failures, consistent with DHL performance standards.
This role is temporarily work from home. Hours are Monday – Friday (1-9 pm)
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
- Provide professional and timely response to customer inquiries on shipment status, ensuring service failures are minimized where possible, and the customer is kept informed of progress throughout.
- Book pick-up calls using the automated dispatch system.
- Provide rates for both quoted and tariff customers.
- Provide service standards using system and a manual guide.
- Provide information on proof of delivery requests and shipment status inquiries.
- Gather the appropriate information required for the customer service team to ensure the timely completion of traces for each tracing inquiry.
- Ensure all messages are being handled in a timely, efficient manner between call takers and dispatching.
- Manage all customer complaint calls professionally and effectively to increase customer satisfaction.
- Check for messages in system and follow up with proper action.
- Process credit card payments through Chase system.
- Update all required logs daily in order to track and trend data.
- Adhere to all applicable call flow processes and Quality Assurance requirements.
Qualifications - External
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience in Call Center Customer Service
- Must be able to effectively handle irate customers
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven decision making / problem solving skills
- Must be a team player with high energy level
- Must possess excellent telephone mannerisms
- Working knowledge of Canadian geography
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Must have high speed internet connection
- Typing speed – at least 30 words per minute
- Working knowledge of windows based PC programs
- Able to navigate computer programs comfortably
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Expected start date: 2021-11-08
Job Type: Contract
Salary: From $16.81 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- call center: 1 year (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19