For over 20 years, John Deere - Hitachi Specialty Products in Langley, BC has been designing and manufacturing "purpose built" forestry excavators. The John Deere & Hitachi partnership has brought quality design, manufacturing and service excellence to our customers, knowing that our customers rely on us to provide trusted products for their businesses.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor - Assembly, Assembly Technicians are responsible for the assembly or sub-assembly of parts required for completion of the hydraulic forestry equipment according to the customer order, Sequence of Events (SOE’s) or Operational Method Sheets (OMS).
- Positions, bolts, screws, clips, adjusts or fastens parts and components together using hands and power tools and equipment
- Interprets and follows blueprints/drawings in order to assemble the part or sub-unit
- Connects items such as cables, tubes, hoses and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Performs work in accordance with all safety and environmental policies and practices
- Follows all demand flow or lean manufacturing techniques and principles as they apply to daily production
- Maintains production levels and quality standards as set by the daily line-up/schedule
- Maintains factory 5S standards
- Cleans-up and disposes hydraulic oil, engine oil, antifreeze, diesel fuel, and grease in accordance with EMS practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-3 years of work experience mechanical assembly in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, electrical systems and general excavator operations
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledgeable in the operation of pneumatic and hand operated tools and torque equipment
- Good communication, organizational and problem solving skills; ability to work independently
- Able to perform the physical duties required of this role
- WHMIS/GHS and other safety related training also an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $26.14 /hour
- hydraulics, electrical systems, tools: 2 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)