Job title :
POWER ENGINEER 4 – MAINTENANCE WORKER V
KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
RELIEF FULL TIME
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH), located in Trail, BC, is seeking to hire a Power Engineer 4 – Maintenance Worker V. The Plant Services at KBRH employs various Trades’ personnel in the positions of Power Engineers, Maintenance Workers, Electricians, and HVAC Technicians. Plant Services as a whole provides services and support for the safety and comfort of patients, staff, and visitors by maintaining the physical environment, grounds and systems.
This position is relief full time with rotating 12 hour shifts.
This position operates and maintains a power plant or any low pressure steam plant by operating, repairing and carrying out preventative maintenance on the boilers, air conditioning units, emergency power, and other related equipment of the facility in compliance with applicable codes and regulations. The Power Engineer 4 – Maintenance Worker V performs trades duties approaching the journeyman level in one or a variety of trades areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations and supervises Maintenance Workers and other designated staff.
If you are experienced in the Trades profession and are interested in working with Plant Services at KBRH, we would love to hear from you. In order for your application to be forwarded for consideration, we are looking for a candidate who meets the required education, training and experience mentioned below. Apply today to join the Interior Health team.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills & Abilities:
- Grade 10
- Certificate of competency as 4th Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
- Four years’ recent related experience (i.e. building maintenance) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.