Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
The Patient Services Manager is a Regulated Health Professional who maintains 24 hour responsibility for all aspects of patient care activities for an assigned corporate patient care service(s). The incumbent provides clinical & management leadership, direction and support to interdisciplinary team members in the provision of optimum quality care to patients and their families/significant others. This role promotes and facilitates the continuum of care delivery both internally and with external agencies to ensure a positive outcome for patients under the general direction of the Patient Services Director. This will be accomplished through the implementation & use of quality improvement, utilization management, staff development and resource management strategies. The incumbent works collaboratively within the Patient
Care Program Management model and in concert with the Service Teams, Professional Practice Committees and the Patient Services Program Director.
It is the expectation of QHC that all staff members are accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by our organization
Position is 37.5 hours per week, and may require travel between hospital sites
- BScN completed or in progress or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the Mental Health field
- 3 years of progressive and recent professional leadership/management
- Current registration and member in good standing with a recognized health related regulatory body in Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years progressive and recent experience in Mental Health
- Communication, both verbal and written ability
- Excellent clinical skills as required for the clinical service area
- Demonstrated ability to support staff in the accomplishment of service goals and objectives
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to perform all specialized functions in the relative clinical service area
- Directs team members in the implementation of Standards of Practice and ensures that appropriate standards are met which leads to positive patient outcomes.
- Provides leadership to the patient care team to ensure patient/family focused care within a coordinated integrated care planning model of care delivery through the development of Integrated Care Maps based on practice guidelines.
- Acts as a resource to the team through clinical expertise and knowledge base related to the medical/clinical needs of patients. Incorporates Nursing Theories and research based practice to support clinical decision making. Assists in day to day problem solving within and across the services.
- Works with community partners to ensure the provision of timely care to meet the needs of the patient. Assists the team to manage risks, incidents, family/client complaints and discharge planning.
- Assists the team to develop, maintain and assume overall responsibility for continuous quality improvement, utilization management and risk management activities, including implementation of standards and tracking mechanisms.
- Provides guidance and direction in the discharge planning process and with the Patient Care Leader of the Service, provides support to the team.
- As a member of the Service Team, assists with the organization, planning and implementation activities of the service team.
- Promotes and maintains good interdepartmental relationships.
- Determines the appropriate resource requirements to meet the needs of the service through appropriate benchmarking & utilization management. Participates with the Director to develop corresponding operating and capital budgets. Monitors resource utilization and financial performance.
- Monitors, maintains and updates the ongoing use of the established Workload Measurement System to assist the team with productivity monitoring.
- Develops the master schedule for each area of the service in conjunction with the staff within the Service.
- Supports and participates in the upgrading, implementation and maintenance of an integrated computerized Hospital Information System.
- Selects, hires, promotes, transfers, disciplines, terminates and manages the labour relations and payroll function for all staff members within the service.
- Assists the Service Team in using the performance appraisal program in order to evaluate and improve the performance of staff members and outcomes for client.
- Supports the professional development of staff including the provision of educational programs and participation in continuing education sessions.
- Determines the orientation needs of staff and coordinates the orientation program I conjunction with the Service Team.
- Ensures appropriate work schedules are developed and maintained.
- Maintains a presence wherever the services is provided across the corporation.
- Provides overall delegation of and support to, student programs assigned to the area and enlists the participation of staff in student preceptorship programs.
- Carries out all other patient care related duties as delegated.
- Works collaboratively with other Patient Services Managers and provides coverage (performs the duties) for those Managers as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
Collaboration, ability to influence, organizational awareness, results orientation, service and quality orientation
developing others, holding self and others accountable, visionary leadership
business acumen, strategic orientation
interpersonal sensitivity, leadership presence
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT USED:
All medical/surgical supplies and specialized medical equipment required within the clinical service.
Within Hospital: Everyone
Physician Office Worker
Other Community Agencies
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Rarely – lifting average 5-10 pounds’ maximum 15 pounds, carrying, pushing/pulling
- Required Often – prolonged sitting
- Required Occasionally – standing and walking on hard surfaces, bending/stooping
- Required Often – prolonged fine finger movements
- Required Frequently – gripping/grasping, eye/hand coordination
- Required Briefly – reaching with both hands