Havelock Home Hardware is currently seeking hardworking, customer-focused individuals to join our team as Retail Sales Associates in a full-time or part-time role.
These candidates will be responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to our customers, advising them on appropriate merchandise and related items.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure customers are greeted promptly as they enter your department.
- Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate, or locate an Associate with product knowledge to assist customer.
- Assist customers in locating and comparing merchandise.
- Assist customers with finding all items needed to complete their project.
- Create attractive in-store displays.
- Be familiar with items in stock, including product use and operation.
- Completes merchandising tasks as directed and maintains efficient flow of merchandise from backroom to sales floor.
- Merchandises and maintains designated areas (i.e. facing, signing, labeling, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- One year of previous retail sales experience required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Comfortable working with computers.
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
- Please note: Reliable transportation is essential.
If you want to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please click the APPLY NOW button. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
**We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday