Mitten products are backed by Ply Gem — a 75-year leader in pioneering performance home exteriors. Ply Gem is North America's leading manufacturer of exterior building materials, including windows, siding, stone, and 40 other categories.
Ply Gem employs over 20,000 people with 80 manufacturing and distribution sites.
We provide the nation's residential builders, re-modelers and architects with access to a comprehensive range of building products. From new construction to repair, remodel and replacement, our full line of windows, doors, siding, stone veneer, and fencing and railing products provide quality and value for all types of projects.
We’re all about you – finding out what you need; responding to your questions; helping get the job done right. After all, we don't succeed until you succeed. Ply Gem operates under one simple belief – that building your success starts by building your trust. That's exactly what we've been driven by – earning our customer's trust since 1943.
This position is responsible for all payroll related processing and reporting.
- Processing of bi-weekly hourly and salary payroll end to end for approx. 450 employees
- Completion of all payroll related government reports;
- Submission and reconciliation of Group RRSP premiums;
- Investigating, escalating and resolving payroll issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution;
- Troubleshooting payroll and time attendance systems;
- Keeping up-to-date of relevant Provincial and Federal requirements;
- Processing year end and distribution of annual employee tax documents (T4, T4A);
- Creating, compiling and summarizing payroll information for internal and external auditors and management reports, as required.
- University or College diploma in business or accounting
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred, working towards CPM
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- 5+ years of previous experience within a payroll & benefits role preferred, with emphasis on Time Keeping
- Familiarity with standard accounting principles with exposure to general ledger reconciliation in a project driven environment.
- Understanding of provincial payroll legislation – all provinces
- High degree of integrity, reliability and attention to detail
- Technical knowledge and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)