The CSC is a multidisciplinary non-profit organization providing health, community and social services. We have two main locations, one in Hamilton and the other in Welland. We are looking for a bilingual professional to fill the position of:
Registered nurse (2 POSITIONS)
One (1) Full Time permanent -35 h/week
One (1) Temporary (12 months) full-time contract -35h/week
Salary: $ 73,964 annual ($40.63 per hour), excellent benefits
Under the supervision of the Primary Health Services Director, the Community Health Registered Nurse always works according to the principles of health promotion and the determinants of health. His/her tasks are interdependent with the other members of the primary care team working in health promotion. S/he assists in the delivery of primary care and the promotion of healthy lifestyle habits in the Francophone community.
· Assist the primary care team and the multidisciplinary team in planning the CSC's programs and services
· Performs clinical duties by providing nursing assessment, health education and counselling, health promotion, and maintenance services.
· Ensuring that appropriate and comprehensive treatment is provided to each client by maintaining complete and accurate medical records, participating in the discussion of exceptional cases, responding to client requests, and referring clients to appropriate resources.
· Practice active listening and offer referrals to other services at CSC
· Identify areas where protocols and procedures need to be developed to improve services
· Participate in internal and external meetings and committees
· Provide clinical and home nursing services.
· Travel between sites when required
Education, Experience and specific requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in nursing from a recognized educational institution
· Certificate of Qualification as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· A minimum of three years oft experience in community and physical health
· Extensive knowledge of physical examination and treatment methods specific to the profession of registered nursing
· Knowledge and ability to use basic computer software
· Excellent knowledge of oral and written French and English
· Be willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
· Have access to a motor vehicle and hold a valid Ontario driver's license
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40.63 per hour
- nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- community-based health services: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- français & anglais (Preferred)