Kays wholesale is hiring a Purchasing and Administrative Support person.
This role is integral to Kays Wholesale as it provides the necessary support services for the purchasing manager as well as ensuring the efficient completion of many administrative tasks that encompass it.
Here is a brief description of the requirements of the position:
Purchasing and Administrative Support
Primary functions of the position
- Flush back orders through our system
- Update our Price Increases into our system
- Submit bill backs (promotional) and follow through for payment receipt
- Enter supplier orders online
- Enter new codes for new product
- Special orders
- Purchasing from Second Tier Suppliers
- Managing inventory levels of second tier suppliers – min/max
- Work with marketing to ensure all product has deal sheets, promotion, etc.
- Help put together fall flyer
- Assist with Summer Show
- Assist with preparation/research required for supplier buying shows.
- Assist in shopping prices to ensure we are getting best possible pricing.
- Assist with Tenders
- Organize our RMA process and getting credits from suppliers.
- Organize and monitor shipping of product each week.
- Book shipments for all orders as required
- Assisting with quotes for sales persons
- Assisting front desk staff with break coverage and as a back up
- Processing sales at the front desk
- Screening all website and order desk inquiries
Renumeration and Other Position Details.
- Employment will commence Immediately.
- $30,000-$35,000 annual salary – Based on experience - direct deposit.
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation after 6-month probationary period. We encourage employees to take/use vacation. As discussed, prolonged vacation in the summer is discouraged due to the needs of the business.
- Employment is 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Standard work day is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extra hours may be required during busy times.
- Statutory Holidays: Kays Wholesale complies with the PEI Employment Standards Act by providing employees who qualify with seven (7) statutory holidays with pay, namely:
- New Year's Day
- Islander Day
- Good Friday
- Canada Day
- Labour Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Day
- The standard six (6) month probationary period will be applicable.
- Paid sick leave accumulates at the rate of one (1) working day per month, (8 hours per month) after six (6) months of employment. Sick days accumulate to a maximum of twelve (12) days, (90 hours). Upon termination of employment, un-used sick leave will not be paid out.
- Kays Wholesale employees can purchase goods at Kays Wholesale for cost + 2%. Employee accounts are expected to be paid in full at the end of every month by cash or debit card (no credit card or cheque).
- Storm Days. It is the employee’s responsibility to deem whether it is safe to travel to work. Should Kays be open and the employee deems it unsafe they will be obligated to take the day missed as a vacation day or day without pay.
- Your direct report will be to the Purchasing Manager
- Lap top is provided
- All employees will sign an employee contract
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Charlottetown, PE (Preferred)