BUILD YOUR CAREER HERE
Metro to Home is a division of Metro Supply Chain Group a North American leader in end-to-end supply chain solutions for some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
Do you have experience with small parcel delivery? If so, then this is the position for you.
P/T Afternoon\Evening Shift (Weekend) 1:30pm to 10:00pm
The Logistics Coordinator carries out scheduling, dispatching and coordinating activities of independent delivery teams ensuring the day is set up for success. Other responsibilities include promoting an exceptional customer service experience while achieving on time delivery performance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating and dispatching freight at a pre-determined distribution centre
- Ensuring all routes are covered by facilitating change requests and ensuring coverage for late or absent delivery personnel
- Assisting drivers with routing or delivery challenges and communicating changes to service requirements
- Supporting operations management to implement programs and policies to bring efficiencies, reduce costs and improve the customer service experience
- Generating and maintaining reports and other documents to monitor and track service delivery performance and on-time-delivery performance
- Perform quality assessments for route completeness and compliance to ensure accuracy of documentation
- Monitor daily delivery ‘board’ and follow up on performance results and responsibilities.
- Handle returned products in an efficient and timely manner
- Trace orders as required and notify appropriate stakeholders
- Maintain good working relationship with service providers and internal stakeholders by responding to all inquiries and complaints.
- Act as a liaison between the service providers, customer service, warehouse in administration of accounts and between the office and customer regarding changes, resolving service and operational issues. Escalating to Operations management requiring intervention or guidance
- Completion of secondary school or college or equivalent business administration experience is preferred.
- Related logistics experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English as required
- Knowledge of logistics and planning systems
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software,
- Exceptional analysis and reporting skills required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Must work day to day with little or no supervision
Join a diverse team empowered to continuously deliver value and make a real impact to our customers, our team, and our world.
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Company-provided medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs including an Employee Assistance Program to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program
- Social events, employee appreciation days and community volunteering
- Company team wear allowance
- Tuition re-imbursement program
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Human Resources Team.