During these challenging times, Federated Co-operatives Limited is working to serve our local co-ops, customers, and communities. We are committed to supporting our local co-ops and the communities they serve. Working together to provide essential services to communities across Western Canada, we are hiring an IT Solutions Specialist, Retail POS on a permanent basis at our office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan or Edmonton, Alberta.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible to perform Point of Sale (POS) development support and integration support in a leadership role. Leads proactive problem resolution after investigating the issue. The incumbent leads other members of the POS team in supporting aspects of significant nature and technical complexity.
- Define testing strategies and lead resources in delivering test results. Build solution validation plans that can be easily repeatable for subsequent release certification for team members.
- Play a lead role outside the POS group where Retail POS solutions are integrated with outside solution components.
- Direct and lead new key project initiatives that build and support the POS Roadmap. Lead in the definition, scope and delivery of key project components that redefines how POS and Retail IT Solutions will operate within FCL and the CRS.
- Support and lead product selection and implementation of project areas not directly within the scope of POS.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Information Technology and:
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
- You have a minimum of 6-9 years of relevant progressively responsible experience with multiple Point-of-Sale software and hardware, including Point-of-Sale related solutions experience. Experience with payment systems, DIY, Food, Fuel platforms, register platforms, and self-checkout systems is required (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered).
- You’re familiar with and have strong technical knowledge of other technology such as relational database, operating systems, PCI, and Infrastructure of Retail POS.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by July 20, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
Job Type: Full-time