Drummond Medical Center
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate DrummondMedical Group’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with internal and external customers
- Anticipates the clinician’s needs and carries out orders
- Checks for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from waiting area to exam rooms. Escorts patients to ancillary services as needed.
- Obtains, records, and reports vital signs and other pertinent patient information to RN, LVN, or clinician.
- Performs various procedures such as ear lavage, ECG, spirometry, injections, peak flows, pulse oximetry, breathing treatments, suture removals, wound dressings, vision/hearing tests, urine pregnancy tests, urine dips, blood glucose testing, and blood hemoglobin (hemocue) testing.
- Performs phlebotomy and processes lab specimens (i.e., 24 hour urine, wound cultures obtained by clinician, biopsy specimens obtained by clinician, etc.) and maintains lab specimen logs as appropriate.
- Minimum: 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Minimum: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Minimum: Phlebotomy certificate.
- Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers” (AHA) or “CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer” (American Red Cross).
- Preferred: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred.
- Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience.
- Preferred: 1 year of previous Medical Assistant work experience.
- Preferred: Over 1 year of experience in a specialty field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate basic medication administration
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of infection control standards and utilization of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to perform essential job functions using proper body mechanics.
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Computer literate (i.e., logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows and email applications).
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)