Create a great future with us!
Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With its comprehensive product and service offering, Thermogenics functions as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ steam and heating requirements.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora, Ontario, and maintains separate sales and service offices in Ottawa, Ontario and Cincinnati, Ohio.
Thermogenics has an immediate employment opportunity for a General Labourer who will be responsible for supporting the Manufacturing operations. The expectation is that the candidate begins the role in an entry level capacity with oversight from supervisors and hands-on training from the Company. Over time, the candidate will have the opportunity to progress into either Manufacturing (e.g. Pipe Fitter, Welder, Electrician) or Service (e.g. Gas Fitter) divisions, pending completion of pre-requisite education / experience.
WHY JOIN US?
- Opportunity to learn trades; welding, fabrication, pipe fitting, machine fitting
- 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays
- Paid overtime if evening and weekend work required
- Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
- Retirement Savings Plan matching
- Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
- Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
The successful candidate will have previous experience that demonstrates their ability to:
- Operate with a safety first mindset
- Work with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees, customers and suppliers
- Operate various hand and power tools and welding machines in a safe and responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary duties of the role are outlined below, amongst others:
- Light boiler fabrication and assembly
- Operation and general maintenance functions on various equipment including fork lifts
- Equipment painting
- Supporting shipping and receiving functions
- Loading and unloading equipment to / from trucks, cranes and trailers
- Maintaining shop cleanliness
- Parts pick-up / deliveries
- Other general tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience: To be successful in this position, it is desired that you have some (or all) of the following:
- Level 2 gas ticket is required
- OB 2 oil ticket an asset
- 1-5 years of previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – desire to be a team player
- Previous experience in crane and forklift operation, WHMIS Training, Confined Space and Fall Arrest training.
- College diploma in a related field
- Valid driver’s license
Work Environment: **
- This job operates in a shop environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions.
Physical Demands: **
- The physical demands of the role are typical of a general labourer role on a plant floor in a manufacturing facility.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation: **
- This position is a full-time role with a three (3) month probationary period.
- Hours of work are 40 hours / week and structured according to the plant schedule as follows:
- Monday – Thursday 6:30am – 3:45pm **
- Friday 6:30am – 11:30am **
- We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market and based on experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Location: Aurora, ON
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
- Gas 2 (Required)