Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
At bioLytical, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and looking for someone with an eye for details and a passion for the story behind the numbers. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the month-end and year-end close, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow projections, audit preparation and internal control maintenance. You’ve been told time and time again that you’re a real superstar with so much potential for professional development as you progress through the next few years of your career. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries and accruals
- Prepare bank reconciliations and weekly cash flow projections
- Review & approves the posting and distribution of sales invoices to customers
- FX revaluation of the parent and subsidiary company
- Calculate monthly commissions for US sales team
- Calculate royalties in accordance to contractual agreements
- Prepare monthly intercompany elimination entries
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting package including variance analysis
- Filing of sales taxes
- Prepare and issue timely and accurate financial statements and reports prepared in accordance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard), including notes to financial statements and MD&A
- Responsible for preparation of statutory reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Preparation for and coordination of audits (year end, government, insurance, bank)
- Lead SRED reporting initiative
- Compile working papers and all documentation required for US and Canadian tax filings
- Document and monitor business processes to maintain internal controls
- Involvement in ERP selection and implementation
- Participation in accounting and cross-functional projects to support corporate objectives
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Minimum 4 years accounting and / or auditing experience in a multi-currency, multi-company manufacturing environment
- Accounting designation or final stages of recognized accounting program
- Public practice experience is an asset
- Highly organized individual who demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
- Quickbooks Enterprise experience would be considered an asset
- A base knowledge of supply chain logistics and relevant software and/or systems would be considered an asset
- Analytical and outgoing personality
- Able to multi task and prioritize with a proactive approach in a high paced environment
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to careers AT biolytical.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- public practice: 2 years (Preferred)
- IFRS: 1 year (Preferred)