Who We Are: Campbellford Memorial Hospital is a 34-bed health care facility located in Trent Hills. As the only hospital located between Belleville and Peterborough, CMH provides a comprehensive array of acute care services. Together we ensure our patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. We have a sustainable vision for the future: building upon our existing strengths, being a recognized leader in rural healthcare, and creating a healthy community through service excellence, effective partnerships and a health hub model of care. We are extremely proud of our team – warm, caring professionals who take a genuine interest in our patients. We passionately pursue excellence, and create a better experience by putting our best selves forward every day.
Position Description: The Pharmacist is an integral part of the interdisciplinary team responsible for distributive and clinical functions related to the practice of pharmacy throughout the organization. The Pharmacist functions in accordance with the scope of practice as defined by OCP and hospital policies and procedures. Clinical activities include ensuring all medications are distributed and administered in a safe and timely manner, assists in the investigation and follow-up of drug interactions and medication errors, acts as a resource to members of the interdisciplinary team and pharmacy team in order to meet the organization goals and objectives.
The Pharmacist is a member of the GAIN Program multidisciplinary team and works as a resource with the team and clients in the community to maximize their quality of life and ability to remain in the community, living as independently as possible. The patient population is frail elderly clients who may be experiencing dementia, other neurological disorders and health conditions common in geriatric patients. The Program operates with a senior-friendly and patient-centered approach.
Job Status: 1 Temporary Part-Time Position (0.6 FTE until January 2022)
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Current membership with Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is preferred
Skills & Experience:
- Related experience in hospital and community settings
- Working knowledge of Meditech; Microsoft Office, pharmacy software, ie. MedSelect
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment using excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with patients, staff and physicians
- Demonstrates an understanding of ethical behaviours and confidentiality requirement in a health care institution
- Ability to represent the Hospital with professionalism and compassion for patients and families
- Commitment to continuing education
- Demonstrated ability to teach, counsel and mentor
- As a single incumbent position must be able to maintain good attendance and punctuality. This position also requires availability shift work, including weekends, and on-call support.
- Current valid Ontario Driver’s License and Valid Vehicle Insurance with 2 million dollars liability
We thank all applicants for their interest in Campbellford Memorial Hospital. In an effort to promote employment equity, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals including Aboriginal persons, immigrants, members of minority groups, women and persons with disabilities.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary