Department: Human Resources
Reports To: General Manager
Days/Hours: F/T, Mon – Fri
Compensation Type: Salary +
Location: Leamington, ON
Position Type: Full Time
Are you interested in working for a ground breaking new industry that prides itself on innovation, professionalism, and collaboration? Aphria is currently searching for a well-versed Director of Human Resources that will lead our HR team to success. We are looking for someone who is passionate, dynamic, and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
this person will be responsible for developing Human Resources as a business partner to the organization. The Sr. Manager of Human Resources will be responsible for HR strategy, planning, and execution of all HR functions in Leamington.
· With a holistic management and customer centric approach, develop a human resources strategy, plan and tactics to propel the company in achieving it’s goals
· Partner with business department leaders to understand and stay on top of Aphria’s growth, training and talent needs
· Develop and implement competency based training, employee feedback and performance appraisals of salary and hourly employees
· Develop HR KPI’s with a customer centric focus
· Take a leadership role in developing a positive and safe work culture
· Based on growth and talent needs, develop best in class recruiting strategy and tactics
· Provide consultation to management on compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labour relations.
· Ensure organizational compliance with federal and provincial laws, including Health and Safety
· Advise department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline
· Plan and oversee HR department budget
· Plan and ensure successful implementation employee orientation, including comprehensive understanding of benefits plan and company policies
· Evaluate HR Department effectiveness through compiling and analyzing data for trends
· Ensure all candidates receive world class service during the application and interview process
· Ensure recruitment of talented candidates using a plethora of recruiting tools; including social networks, Aphria communications, recruiting websites, LinkedIn, employment agencies and any other successful tactics
· Report on recruiting initiatives; including fill-rate, new hire retention, tactic effectiveness and recruiting SLA’s
· Continuously assess recruiting processes to identify opportunities for improvement
· Ensure qualified and applicable candidates are presented to each business unit
· Minimum 15 years experience in progressive human resources roles
· Human Resources focused Diploma or Degree
· CHRP, CHRE or CHRL is preferred
· Health and Safety Designation is an asset
· Passion to help build an organization with industry leading talent
· Experience in a start up and fast-growing company
· Experience with various recruiting tools, including LinkedIn, Indeed and other candidate sourcing technology
· Extrovert personality that radiates positive energy
· Working knowledge of Organizational Behaviour, Personality Assessments, Competency based employee development and Human Resources Planning
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a team environment for a “joint effort”
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Senior Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 10 years (Preferred)