Blackline Safety is looking for a Business Intelligence Team Lead to help build and drive our Blackline Analytics and Blackline Vision platforms. We have a world class connected safety system and we are building an analytics and consultation services platform to match.
Who are you?
You believe big data helps businesses solve real-world problems. You an expert at data modeling for reporting (dim-fact models, fact-less fact tables, bridge tables, etc.), visualization, and data driven problem solving. You like to explore datasets to find insights that nobody else sees. You can communicate these ideas through visualizations. You are an energetic leader, focusing on relationships with a drive for results.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for driving the analytics platform for our end users. Your job will include everything from producing live and emailed reports and dashboards, garnering insights from how our users use the platform, administration of the platform, to being the point of contact and owning any technical issues that might arise.
You will bridge the gap between our BI team and our client facing teams. You ensure the quality of all our releases. You provide support and share knowledge within the team. You will help and mentor more junior members of the team.
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly-traded company (TSXV: BLN).
- Post-secondary degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Information Technology or related)
- 1+ years of Supervisor/Management experience or Project Management experience
- 3 years of data analysis experience
- 3 year of experience with PowerBI
- Expert in DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- 3 years of experience with an ETL tool
- 3 years of experience with data modeling for reporting
- 3 years of experience with SSRS
- Experience with PowerBI Paginated Reports
- Experience with architecture, administration, and troubleshooting in Microsoft-based infrastructure and productivity environments
- Experience with scoping and implementing business needs
- Strong communication skills in written (both technical and non-technical), spoken, and visualization mediums
- Excellent presentation skills
- Comfort troubleshooting and fixing performance issues related to visualization delivery
- Experience with mathematical tools such as Mathematica, Matlab, Minitab or Mathcad would be considered an asset
- Experience with M language (Power Query) would be considered an asset
- Experience with Python would be considered an asset
Blackline Safety offers:
- An exciting high-growth environment
- An experienced, dynamic and motivated team
- Supportive, challenging and collaborative work
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Medical, dental and drug benefits
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributions
Our clients depend on Blackline Safety to monitor their wellbeing of the employees at work — you can help to make a difference. Come work with Blackline Safety in an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- SSRS: 3 years (Preferred)
- an ETL tool: 3 years (Preferred)
- PowerBI: 3 years (Preferred)