Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering (Metro) was established in 1987 in Metro Vancouver, BC to provide the materials testing services to support the construction industry. In the beginning, we focused on laboratory and field testing of concrete, asphalt, and soils. Over the years, we have expanded to where we now provide a diverse range of services including specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
Who we are looking for:
Our Geotechnical Division based in Abbotsford, BC provides consulting services to the land development, infrastructure and transportation sectors. We are currently looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of geotechnical consulting assignments, including but not limited to, foundation design, slope stability, embankments, dikes, retaining walls, excavation support and earthworks, seismic analysis, ground improvement, pavement design, and land use planning and feasibility assessments.
- Bachelor Degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in BC
- Preference given to local experience (Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley of BC)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence (all successful candidates will be asked to provide their driver’s abstract)
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career advancement opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$125,953.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- driver's licence (preferred)