Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Ramp Agent is responsible to provide strong teamwork to the Cargo Operations department, working closely with Cargo and Ramp staff. The Cargo Ramp Agent is responsible to complete cargo duties and ramp duties as assigned.
The Ramp Agent is a member of the overall Winnipeg Cargo Operations Team.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position would be responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, performing the following range of duties:
- Sort, load, and unload baggage, freight, and equipment.
- Complete general warehouse duties, which may include but not limited to completing and verifying manifests, shipping and receiving, customer services, organizing fridge and freezers, cleaning and organizing the warehouse, operating forklifts, entering in southbound AWB’s and calling the customers to pick up, checking and responding to cargo e-mail inquiries and requests for quotes, etc.
- Tow and marshall aircraft, drive and fuel equipment, de-ice aircraft, install and uninstall aircraft seats and equipment, service aircraft lavatories, ensure airside is organized and clean.
- Perform physically-demanding tasks effectively using the safest and most efficient method possible.
- Ensure on time performance policies and procedures are met and adhered to.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude while working on all job tasks and provide assistance to others.
- Motivated with the ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Ensure customer service standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Monitor customer safety at all times, and assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Adhere to and operate within safety policies, procedures and practices, attending and completing all safety training.
- Provide courteous, prompt, accurate and careful handling of customer baggage, airfreight (continuous lifting, loading/unloading, sorting and transfer of baggage and freight).
- Assist Flight Crew with off-loads at various aircraft destinations as assigned.
- Provide positive teamwork and ongoing support to the overall department, working closely with and having constant communications with Operations, Flight Crew personnel, and other ground personnel.
- Provide assistance in ramp set-up and storage of equipment and baggage.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Managers and Supervisors.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma required
- Must be able to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program.
- Customer Service experience is an asset.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Forklift license or complete applicable training.
- Must qualify for an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training considered an asset.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes: Industry Competitive Wages, Medical and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Travel Benefits with various International Air Carriers, an Employee Share Purchase Plan and Pension Plan
Opportunity to participate in the Aspiring Pilot Program for qualified candidates, who possess a minimum CPL/Multi-IFR certification
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Thompson, MB (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- r able to obtain an Airport Security Pass (Preferred)