Job title :
LIFE SKILLS WORKER
We are currently seeking casual Life Skills Workers to join our team at Braemore Lodge in Penticton!
Life Skills Workers play an important role in care. They plan, observe, monitor and report on clients’ progress and level of acceptance to services and support.
They assist clients with activities associated with daily living and work to demonstrate and model appropriate behaviors related to problem solving and decision making. Life Skills Workers provide structured support to help develop and maintain life skills related to:
- time management;
- money management, budgeting skills, how to access funds and other forms of available assistance;
- organization and interpersonal communication;
- personal care;
- household management;
- menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation and
- community access.
Shift types are days, evenings and nights and are scheduled on an as-needed basis. Shift times are from 07:00 to 15:00, 23:00 to 07:00 and 15:00 to 23:00.
If this opportunity is aligned with your education, training and passion for mental health, we want to hear from you. Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- Grade 12
- Certificate in a field relevant to the position (i.e.: community social services, rehabilitation)
- One year recent related experience working with individuals experiencing mental health and substance use problems; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe required
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License