On-Campus Employment for the Software and Application Support Centre (SAS) and Educational Development and Technology with Saint Mary’s University - Teaching Technology Assistant (full-time)
Part of the Studio for Teaching and Learning, the Software and Application Support Centre (SAS) and Educational Development and Technology is seeking applicants for the position of Teaching Technology Assistant.
- Demonstrated and extended understanding of computer technologies and online/web-based tools.
- Demonstrated time-sensitive critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork as well as working independently.
- Demonstrated interest in and experience with teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated time/task management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of teaching and learning technologies and tools, specifically Brightspace, Terminal 4, Wireless Responders (Clickers), and Microsoft and Adobe products.
- Excellent customer-service skills, able to prioritize and adapt to daily workload changes.
- $18.00 / hour
The Software and Application Support Centre and the Educational Development and Technology at Saint Mary’s University is part of a larger initiative within the Studio for Teaching and Learning to provide teaching and learning services to faculty, students, and staff.
A Teaching Technology Assistant:
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of computer and web-related tools, some which are specific to Saint Mary's University.
- Must be able to develop resource materials related to teaching and learning with technology.
- Must be able to work effectively and with respect to numerous individuals and departments concurrently, as well as independently on projects.
- Must have a willingness for continual training and receive constructive feedback.
- Must be able to adjust their workday on a moment’s notice to answer arising issues.
- Must be able to plan and present workshops, classes, and presentations.
- Must respond to and record individual center users.
- Should assist in the planning and continued advancement of the center.
- Wil be responsible for posting and updating material within the courses, and problem solve issues faculty may encounter while using Brightspace.
- Provides technical support for the coding of the course content for Online courses in accordance with the style sheets and standards. This position works closely with the instructors, Educational Developer, Instructional Designer, Program Support Technician to received various types of documents, to translate these into HTML and XML, using designated software to organize web page layout and image integration, configure assignments and assessment materials, and to enable the development of Online courses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyzes and investigates proctors for approval for invigilating student examinations. Once approved, coordinators the sending and retrieving of examination to/from proctors in off-campus examinations. Must be able to trouble shoot situations with students and proctor requirements and red-flag these situations. With any red-flag situations must contact and work with the instructor to determine a solution of situation.
- General administrative duties such as email inquiries, scanning, courier for Online courses and stats.
- Must be able keep in mind the greater initiatives of the Studio.
Application may be submitted electronically by May 8, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Please include the following:
- A cover letter, resume, three references and daytime contact information.
- Also include your availability for Mondays to Fridays from 9am until 5pm.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Information Technology: 1 year (Preferred)