Vac Aero International Inc., Thermal Processing Division – Oakville, ON
Full Time Position
For over half a century VAC AERO has been providing the very best in metallurgical services and solutions to clients around the world. Specializing in vacuum processing, VAC AERO is one of the largest subcontract aerospace heat treaters in North America. We hold numerous heat treating, brazing and quality system approvals from prime manufacturers.
Vac Aero’s Project Engineer will be responsible for a variety of tasks listed below to assist management.
- Report directly to the General Manager.
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Review customer specifications and drawings.
- Create heat treat techniques.
- Quote customers for heat treat jobs.
- Promote customer relations.
- Track customer parts and test pieces.
- Oversee implementing new job programs.
- Design heat treat quench and straightening fixtures, Tooling using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCad.
- Oversee manufacturing of heat treat quench and straightening fixtures and tooling.
- Administer, promote, create procedures and train the company safety program to ensure a safe work environment.
- Administer, promote, create procedures and train the company environmental program to ensure a clean environment.
- Create reports to assist Quality and Operations.
- Quote shop equipment and oversee work with outside contractors.
- Order/purchase supplies, parts, tools, and equipment to assist Maintenance, Quality and Operations.
- Assist Maintenance, Quality, Operations and Planning with various supporting tasks.
- Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgy background.
- 5 + years related work experience.
- Mandatory Canadian criminal background check required for Controlled Goods Program.
- Experience in Heat Treating would be an asset.
- Understanding of heat treatment of high strength steels, stainless steels and Titanium.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Co-op or some work experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Strong communicator (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with plant personnel, office personnel and customers.
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
- heat treating: 5 years (Preferred)