The Research Institute of St. Joe's Hamilton is an academic and research community focused on improving the quality of life for our patients and community members, as well as those diagnosed with a diverse range of medical conditions around the world.
We function as a scientific community for the good of our community and the world we share. As faculty members of McMaster University, our world-class researchers work alongside local clinicians and students – fostering a culture of exploration, innovation and inquiry at St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton.
Job Title: Research Assistant
A Research Assistant is sought to join a team of scientists in the Infectious Disease Research Group within the Research Institute of St. Joe’s – Hamilton. The Research Assistant will perform a range of administrative support duties in support of research studies. Works under clearly defined research requirements and/or supervision.
· Works under clear direction and defined guideline to assist in administrative duties associated with patient recruitment.
· May assist in conducting telephone or clinical recruitment interviews to collect study participant data.
· May assist in scheduling patient meetings and/or the administration of various tests related to the research project.
· Prepares detailed notes of all interaction with participant and transfers data to appropriate system.
· Follows instruction to maintain documentation, records and study-related hardware/equipment for the study.
· May be required to assist in transcribing interview notes.
· Compiles processes and enters data into electronic databases with accuracy and attention to detail. Validates that the correct information is entered and follows up to obtain missing or outstanding information and/or to resolve discrepancies in the information.
· May provide input into research publications.
· May assist in processing invoices and in tracking and monitoring budget expenditures to ensure adequate budget is available for activities.
· Related College Diploma or University degree
· Previous research work is an asset
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
· Literature searching skills
· Time management and scheduling skills
· Interpersonal and communication skills to gather information from participants in the research study
· Attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of work
· Organizational skills and ability to set priorities to meet project and task deadlines
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
Decision Making Authority
· Follows well defined policies, procedures, precedents, protocols and guidelines. Work may involve simple techniques and methods requiring knowledge and/or procedures that are readily acquired and used generally in repetitive or simple applications, requiring little judgment; the nature of work is routine and clearly defined; all problems are referred to supervisor.
Reference ID: RA-001
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 20-37.5 per week
Expected start date: 2021-10-11
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $35,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to adhere to strict COVID-19 protocols as well as take part in COVID-19 safety training.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)