Northern Zone, Colchester East Hants Health Centre
OPNZ MEDICAL NURSING UNIT E3 -CRH
Type of Employment:
Hourly FT long-assignment (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works collaboratively within an inter-professional team, providing holistic (addressing bio, psycho, social, cultural and spiritual needs), and comprehensive care for individuals, families, groups, populations and communities across the continuum of care. The LPN provides nursing care:
- independently for patients with predictable outcomes and low complexity
- collaboratively for patients with predictable outcomes and moderate complexity and
- under the direction or guidance of a registered nurse, medical practitioner, or other health care professional authorized to provide such consultation, guidance or direction for patients with unpredictable outcomes and who are complex.
- Current registration (or eligibility) with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing is required.
- The ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Current Heart & Stroke BCLS certification.
- Physical Assessment course.
- Current competency in IV initiation or willingness to complete.
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
- Commitment to complete current/ continued competencies.
- Current clinical experience.
- Two years recent demonstrated continuing education.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of medication administration.
- Wound Care course.
- Current WHMIS certification
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
$28.3268 - $30.4229 Hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/