At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear:
improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Security Lead, Smiths Falls, the Security Specialist, Smiths Falls will be responsible for maintaining and producing security reports, author procedures, manage all physical security requirements and work in collaboration with different departments to promote a culture of continuous improvement at our Smiths Falls facility.
- Work closely with the Canopy Growth Corporation Quality Assurance team and the Security Operations Manager (Smith Falls Head of Security) for all regulatory and compliance security related matters.
- Conduct security-based orientations/training, Late/Lost/Missing Cannabis package investigations and reporting.
- Develop and implement training strategies for security based standard operating procedures.
- Assure new security procedures and or features are compliant with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations by working closely with the Regulatory Affairs Department.
- Act as the primary point of contact for providing security support to facility operations and maintenance for all regulatory security matters.
- Manage alarm responses and initiate supporting documentation, including alarm investigations.
- Assist in writing and updating standard operating procedures when necessary.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented appropriately.
- Conduct internal loss and theft investigations. Ensuring all loss/theft reporting requirements are met, for both the Quality Management System and Cannabis Regulations.
- Ensuring all production/operations/storages spaces are compliant with the relevant regulations regarding security measures.
- In addition to reporting directly to the Security Lead, Smiths Falls, liaise with the various Corporate Security Team members on tasks and duties as assigned.
- Initial point of contact for all potential non-compliance observations with the Cannabis Act and/or its regulations related to loss/theft reports.
- Maintain & manage the security access records database, VMS and provide video footage review as required.
- Assist in maintaining a key control program, including verification procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with document management
- Experience in a role involving personnel and physical security
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Self-directed individual and ability to work independently
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail with solid planning and organizational skills
- Strong written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance a variety of projects simultaneously
- Fast learner who has experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with GMP or other regulated work environment is an asset
- Experience in audits/inspections is an asset
- Formal training in investigative techniques is an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian Cannabis Act and/or its Regulations is an asset.
- Willingness to seek out new learning opportunities and take on new tasks/responsibilities as assigned
This is a full-time term role, based out of 1 Hershey Drive, Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.