Contract Duration: 3-4 months
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Bathurst Glen Golf Course, Visitor Experience Representatives play an integral role in the operation of the Golf Course. They are responsible for delivering exceptional customer service, ensuring every visitor receives the information they require. They also engage and interact with visitors throughout their stay to promote a positive experience, enhanced sales and develop a lasting relationship where possible.
Visitor Experience Representatives will also perform general maintenance duties such as cleaning of buildings and work areas in order to support the health and safety of all staff and visitors.
Candidates must be flexible to work all required shifts, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate(s).
- Greet and engage with all visitors and potential visitors in a pleasant and helpful manner to provide exceptional visitor experiences.
- Assist with inquiries and/or concerns in a tactful and professional manner and interact with visitors to promote additional sales.
- Operate multi-key computerized point of sale (POS) register, e-commerce and reservations systems.
- Process transactions that include cash handling (sales, exchanges, and refunds).
- Communicate details of facility programs, products, activities and events as well as other TRCA facilities, programs and services.
- Assist with merchandising, labeling prices, restocking and recording inventory of all food and retail products as required.
- Ensure supplies and materials are available and organized, including items for sale, brochures, membership packages and office supplies.
- Ensure work areas and any area used for interactions with visitors are kept tidy and cleaned daily.
- Support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma an asset.
- Experience working in a customer service position an asset.
- Experience working at an attraction, park or golf course an asset.
- Cash-handling experience an asset.
- Experience working in a diverse ethno-cultural environment an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C Certification an asset.
- Food Handler’s Certificate an asset.
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Valid Ontario G2 drivers’ licence an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Conflict resolution, de-escalation and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-045-20.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Parks and Culture
$14.00 per hour
Bathurst Glen Golf Course 12481 Bathurst St. Richmond Hill, ON. L4E 2B4, Ontario Apply now
Email us for more information
Reference ID: TRCA-045-20
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Secondary School (Required)