POSITION: General Manager - Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moncton
REPORTING TO: Director of Hotel Operations D.P. Murphy Hotels
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with education and experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent - Full Time
LOCATION: Moncton, NB
To develop, encourage and lead a team of employees who demonstrate excellence in guest service which ensures repeat visits through providing courteous and efficient reception, information, cashiering and reservation services which will exceed our guest’s expectations.
The General Manager of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moncton will oversee all aspects of the property management in accordance with D.P. Murphy Hotels standards. Communicating, leading by example, exuding hospitality & professionalism and sharing knowledge will be crucial to the success in this role. We are looking for an individual with a passion for the industry, who naturally takes the extra step to ensure a memorable experience for both guests and staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement programs that encourage team engagement and collaboration to ensure all Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moncton Guest Experience Standards are achieved or exceeded.
- Continually drive improvement to guest satisfaction results by motivating colleagues and team members.
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
- Develop programs that continually improve team engagement and align with Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moncton service behavior standards.
- Oversee all salary, human resources related actions in accordance with property/company processes and policies.
- Engage and work alongside your team members in all departments.
- Prepare annual budget, sales & marketing plans, capital plans and forecasts in accordance with property financial goals.
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenues and maximize market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives.
- Provide effective sales & marketing leadership directing the team to achieve agreed upon production goals for the property.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the ownership policies and procedures and regulatory requirement.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community.
- Be an ambassador for team member involvement in community organization, activities and business.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious in conjunction with brand/ownership policies.
- Heading the overall operation of the property. Accountable for generating the budgeted revenue targets and unique guest experiences for the brand/ownership company.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma, Certificate or Degree in in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Minimum of four to six years experience in the same or a similar role or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Food & beverage experience would be a strong asset
- Professional demeanor and presentation; lively and energetic team leader
- Attention to detail, takes initiative, has a hands-on approach
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; works well under pressure
- Able to build positive rapport and communicate easily with both guests, colleagues and staff at all levels of seniority, as well as liaise effectively with other internal departments
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to obtain information, determine course of action and follow through to successful resolution
- Able to effectively manage personnel and meet financial targets and deadlines
- Knowledgeable of provincial liquor laws and smart serve requirements
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Fluent in English (Bilingualism would be an asset)
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by emailing prior to Friday, July 3rd 2020.
Please include your CV and a Cover Letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria outlined above.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
D.P. Murphy Hotels has properties in Canada’s Maritime provinces spanning the lodging sector of limited-service hotels and offers both business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Our bands include Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Four Points by Sheraton, Fairfield Inn, Quality Inn, Future Inns as well as Dalvay by the Sea.
D.P. Murphy Group of Companies is a leading hospitality company operating approximately 75 award-winning restaurants and hotels as a franchisee in Eastern Canada. We offer a unique opportunity to learn and thrive across different streams of the hospitality industry while growing within one company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, Open Work Permit (Required)