Description: Are you looking to expand and development your culinary skills?
Join us and work in a dynamic, exciting atmosphere – from daily services, to special events, and a strong catering aspect, the opportunities for growth and development are many. Come be a part of this unique living history, open-air museum!
Term: May 6, 2019 through September 15, 2019
Hours of Work: Full time. The site is open from 10am-5pm, 7 days a week. Food services is offered during all open hours. Weekends shifts are required.
Location: The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village (located 25 minutes east of Edmonton on the Yellowhead Hwy 16) is an award-winning provincial historic site showcasing Ukrainian settlement in East Central Alberta (1892 – 1930).
- Work with Executive Director and Kitchen Manager on menu planning, recipes and suppliers
- Supervises all kitchen staff with input from the Executive Director and Kitchen Manager
- Trains, develops and motivates food services staff to meet and exceed food service standards
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment
- Provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead and influence kitchen staff
- Assist Kitchen Manager in managing and controlling all food inventory as well as food wastage
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order
- Ensure kitchen facilities are kept clean and organized.
- Attend and supervise food services for all special events on site
- Respond to catering requests and inquiries as required
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Experience in commercial kitchen and/or catering in high volume environment necessary
- Current food safety course certificate is required
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Knowledge of Ukrainian-Canadian culture and food
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Management experience is an asset
- Ability to train and lead a team of employees
- Ability to maintain a positive and enjoyable work environment
- Customer service experience
- Flexible schedule
- Standard First Aid is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour