Website Designer – Marketing Manager Needed
We are looking for an exceptional Website Designer responsible for creating cutting edge and interactive online experiences using innovative design and coding for our corporate web sites. You will help create visually stunning, high traffic, user friendly design and navigation from concept to completion alongside our marketing/sales/management team. You will bring enthusiasm and experience with current web design and development best practices including UI/UX, SEO, and CMS.
The Online Marketing and Ecommerce Manager will market and promote our 20 online stores through digital and traditional channels. You will develop strategic marketing and implementation plans for social media and email marketing management. Responsible for SEO strategies and online marketing campaigns, the Marketing Manager will be tasked with driving traffic to the website to increase online sales. Website management, campaign development and promotional event organization, combined with leadership, strategy and creativity; this is an opportunity to truly make an impact on the customer experience.
We seek an experienced marketing professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading marketing and ecommerce strategy. Management of social media and email marketing campaigns is essential for success in this role, as well as experience with SEO, SEM and/or affiliate marketing. The successful candidate will have a focus in marketing or communications, strong writing and editing skills, and excellent computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new software programs. You are creative, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and your energy and passion for this industry is what drives your success.
1. Pay-per-click advertising (PPC).
2. Search engine marketing (SEM).
3. Search engine optimization (SEO).
4. Display advertising.
5. Affiliate marketing.
6. Email marketing.
7. Influencer marketing.
- Create new websites and continually improve and enhance existing web properties to support marketing, sales and communication initiatives
- Collaborate with team members and co-workers
- Consult closely with management to translate business needs into cohesive customer-centric web solutions that align with the company’s goals
- Stay atop new website design and development trends
- Ensure new and existing website are SEO optimized to ensure potential clients find us easily
- Manage social media accounts and create new content to drive traffic and sales
- Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience responsive web coding in a professional environment
- 2+ years experience with ecommerce
- University degree and/or technical school diploma to support the above
- Deep understanding of UI/UX design
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Suite
- Solid understanding of SEO principles
- Search Engine Optimization for multiple websites
- Proficient with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with WordPress (and WordPress plugins) as a content management system
- Takes ownership of his/her work, and works well in a team environment
- Effective written and oral communication targeting non-technical audiences
- Effective at gathering client information and using active listening skills
- Ability to work both independently or take specific direction from management
- Enjoys learning and staying abreast of emerging design/development trends
- Experience in cross platform integrations
Note: This is a full time position which must be attended to from our offices in Edmonton. This is not available as a work from home opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- ecommerce: 2 years (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)