We are currently seeking a highly skilled Carpenter to join our team! Applicants should be skilled in fine finish carpentry and all aspects of renovation work to include the installation of framing materials, windows, doors, siding, soffits, fascia, decks, fences, drywall, staircases, countertops, flooring, cabinets, bathroom fixtures, suspended ceiling tiles, trim, etc.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in diverse settings to produce high quality and functional finish products, possessing great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. Good working knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials and the use of all necessary tools is a must. She/he should be capable of working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements.
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements.
- Able to renovate, frame, build, and install windows, doors, decks, fences, staircases, trim, siding soffits, fascia, drywall, countertops, flooring, cabinets, bathroom fixtures, suspended ceiling tiles, etc. by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, cabinets, trim, etc. ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed construction structures.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience and or a keen desire to learn.
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials.
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and technical drawings.
- Ability to perform carpentry skills according to current building codes
- Willingness to comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Willingness to follow work orders and document accurate and detailed information pertaining to jobsites.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate in a professional and accurate manner with customers.
- Solid basic math skills.
- Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity.
- Have a strong work Ethic, and be dependable, trustworthy, and highly motivated
- Must be able to be badged and criminally record checked
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)