At the Northern Group of Companies, we are committed to provide equal opportunity, personal and professional development and a rewarding work environment for career progression. We recognize that our most valuable asset is our employees.
Why choose us as a career?
- Competitive Salaries
- Consistent working hours for the season
- Meal Allowance, Paid hotels, Travel Accommodations to site
- Team Environment Oriented
- Career Advancement Opportunity
- Training Videos
- On the job training thru our Mentorship Program
- Off-Season Safety Training Program
NGC uses its expertise and innovation to retain its position as leader of one of the largest road construction contractors in Atlantic Canada.
We are seeking a motivated candidate to fill the positions of a Traffic Control Agents to join our Northern Construction Inc. division team.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive:
- Ensuring minimum WATCM standards are met;
- Using additional Traffic Control Devices and worker protection where necessary;
- Performing routine inspections and documentation; and ensuring that damaged or non-working devices are immediately replaced.
- All Traffic Control Agents must successfully complete a WATCM training course as approved by the Department of Transportation’s Maintenance and Traffic Branch, with recertification required every three years.
- Controls movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects.
- Discusses traffic routing plans, and type and location of control points with superior visibility to oncoming traffic.
- Distributes traffic control signs and markers along with site in designated pattern.
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand, and flag signals.
- Warns construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites using signage.
- Records license number of traffic control violators for police.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience. Minimum of three (1) years’ experience required.
- A valid Provincial Traffic/Signal persons Certificate is required with WATCM Standards.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with the manager and fellow employees.
- Must be able to work under pressure in some situations and lead other TCP flaggers on duty
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good abstract
- **Must be willing to work away from home Monday thru Friday to travel at project locations in New Brunswick.
- **Available to work long hours and weekends when necessary;
- Must be willing to support and abide by the company's safety policies and initiatives.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Frequent standing which may be required for long periods of time. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to five (5) Kilograms and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 22.5 Kilograms.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Traffic Control: 1 year (Required)
- New Brunswick (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)